We are currently seeking candidates interested in undertaking research in the following fields:
- Architecture and Urbanism for the society of knowledge
- System, interdisciplinary approach to Architecture and Urbanism in the age of digital technology;
- New tools for the preservation of cultural heritage.
Before our application deadline – August 11th:
- Submit your online application via WUT’s central application system (for applicants from Poland only): https://rekrutacja.pw.edu.pl/
Print out the Personal Questionnaire and Candidate’s Information Card generated in the online system.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In the electronic application you will be asked to document a completed master studies – be prepared to fill in the information about your diploma.
- Deliver the following supplementary documents to the Dean’s Office (Faculty of Architecture, Koszykowa 55, 00-659 Warsaw, room 21) or send scans to email@example.com:
- Approval from a faculty member eligible to supervise doctoral students | Download form
- The CV
- The portfolio, showcasing achievements from second degree studies, including diploma projects; professional work – project designs, competition entries; scholarly publications, presentations given at conferences and seminars; articles and other writing; any other achievement related to the ASK academic profile and the applicant’s proposed area of research
- A 4-5 page long description of the doctoral thesis topic, which must have a clear intelligible structure, and present the proposed research topic in a concise and clear way, as well as describe the student’s original personal contribution to the field, discipline, specialty, in line with the scientific profile and research topic pursued during the ASK PhD doctoral studies. The description should include argumentation justifying the need for the proposed research topic, its contribution to the development of science, development of society and the possible practical applications
- Two reference letters
- A confirmation of fluency in English | List of accepted certificates: http://asknow.eu/admissions/proficiency-in-english/
- An original or a legally certified copy of the Master’s diploma (or equivalent) in Architecture and Urban Design or other related discipline
- Diploma supplement or an official copy of transcripts, including grades from courses taken during the Master studies
After August 11th:
Candidates meeting the formal requirements will be invited to an interview – online or in person – which will take place in the early September. Details regarding the interview will be announced in direct messages.
After successful admission:
- Deliver the original documents listed above – including documents printed from the online system – to the Dean’s Office
- Deliver a required medical certificate
IMPORTANT NOTE: to obtain a certificate you will need a referral to the occupational medicine physician issued by the Faculty of Architecture; the referral will be available in the Dean’s Office